Manila Southwoods Golf & Country Club
Location: Carmona, Cavite, Philippines
Golf Course Architect: Nicklaus Design
Scope: Concept design, schematic design, design development, construction observation
Program: Two 18 hole golf courses, two clubhouses, maintenance facilities, parking areas, and entry road.
Description: Golfscape staff developed landscape designs for both the Masters and Legends Golf Courses at the Manila Southwooods Golf & Country Club as well as for both clubhouses, shared parking facilities and the entry road. Thousands of native trees were brought in as part of the design and installed throughout the course.
- Annual Host of the Resort World Masters
- Best Golf Club in the Philippines, 2001/1999 Golf Digest (USA)
- Venue of the Year 2000/1999 Player's ChoiceAsian Professional Golf Association
- International Award for Environmental Stewardship 1999 Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
- Best 500 Holes in the World, Masters #10 Golf Magazine 1999 (USA)
- Runner-up Best Championship Course in Asia 2000 Asian Golf Digest
- Fully Certified Audubon Sanctuary 1999 The Audubon Society
- Best Course in the Philippines (Masters Course) 2001/2000 Asian Golf Monthly