Location: Koele, Lanai, Hawaii
Golf Course Architect: Greg Norman and Ted Robinson
Scope: Concept design, schematic design, design/documentation plus construction observation
Program: One18 hole golf course and maintenance building.
Description: At an elevation of 2,000 feet above sea level, The Experience At Koele is a very unique course in Hawaii. The course offers amazing views of surrounding mountains and the Pacific Ocean in the distance. The course itself plays through ravines of Cook Pines, Koa and Eucalyptus many of which were installed along the edges of the course so that it would blend seamlessly in to its surroundings. Special accent plantings are located at bridges and water features.
- Top 100 Golf Resorts (June 2003) #1 Golf Resort in the World Condé Nast Traveler
- Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts #1 (2002) – Golf Digest
- America's Best Resorts Gold & Silver Medal Awards Silver Medalist (2002) – Golf Magazine
- America's Best Resorts: Gold & Silver Medal Resort Awards Silver Medalist (2002) - Golf Magazine
- Top 75 Golf Resorts in America, #7 (2002) (tied with the Manele Bay Hotel) - Golf Digest
- Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts, #1 (2002) (tied with the Manele Bay Hotel) - Golf Digest
- Top 50 Golf Resorts In North America & Caribbean #4 (2001) – Conde Nast Traveler