Hapuna Golf Course
Location: Kamuela, Big Island, Hawaii
Golf Course Architect: Arnold Palmer Design Company
Scope: Concept design, schematic design, design/documentation plus construction observation
Program: One 18 hole golf course.
Description: Hapuna Golf Course is located on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The landscape design for Hapuna included renaturalization of indigenous grasses to blend the course into the surrounding environment. Hundreds of Kiawe trees were also transplanted throughout the course. The USGA rated this as one of the most environmentally sensitive courses anywhere in the United States.
- Best Golf Resorts in North America #21 (with Mauna Kea #31 in 2004) - Golf Digest, December 2006
- Top 100 Golf Resorts (#75) - Conde Nast Traveler, June 2006. Also 2001, 2003-2005
- America's Best Golf Resorts - Golf Magazine, March 2006
- 100 Best Modern Courses (#93, #4 in Hawaii) - Golfweek, 2005
- Officially Recommended Golf Resort - Relais du Golf, 1998-2004
- Silver Medalist Award - Golf Magazine, 2001-2002 February 2002
- Top 100 Women Friendly Golf Courses - Women's Golf, 2001, 1995
- Places to Play/Good Pace of Play (4-Star Award Winner) - Golf Digest, 2000